8 months ago
Safety Engineer - WFH / Plymouth - Duration 6 months - Rate c£60/hr umbrella.
Key words / skills: Safety Engineer, HAZOP, NIC, FTA, HF, Naval, Marine, Infrastructure.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd is working along side Babcock Naval Marine in order to recruit a Safety Engineer to work on a 6 month contract.
As a Safety Engineer your duties and responsibilities will include:
The post holder must be self-motivated and adaptable, have strong interpersonal skills together with excellent literacy and numeracy skills and team and project management capability.
Principal Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Prepare and manage the preparation of safety documentation, in accordance with agreed standards as determined by relevant Legislation, associated compliance documents and Company Guidance;
• Manage the delivery of each Safety Case submission, ensuring delivery to time, quality and cost;
• Identify the need for remedial action or additional technical / safety justification and agree with the Principal Engineer/SM the programme of work to be carried out;
• Support other Safety Case authors by providing a verification service to an agreed scope or area of expertise;
• To be able to construct/check Quantified Risk Assessment including both deterministic and probabilistic methodologies, utilising the techniques of: Hazard Identification, Fault and Event Tree Analysis, Consequence Assessment and Reliability Analysis;
• Provide advice to the Plant/Project Manager on implementation and maintenance of safety cases and the implementation of Licence and Authorisation Conditions;
• Provide guidance and advice to support Plant/Project Managers, Principal Engineers, SMs, Design & Safety Managers (DSMs) and the Head of Safety Engineering (HOSE) on Safety Case, Site Licence and MoD Authorisation issues, and to liaise with external bodies as appropriate.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• A degree (or equivalent) in relevant engineering or science discipline and Chartered status of an appropriate institution;
• Relevant nuclear Training, including NIC, HAZOP, FTA, HF;
• Demonstrable experience in the Nuclear Industry and in particular in production of all categories of safety documentation;
• The ability to understand and apply as necessary HAZID techniques, Deterministic and Probabilistic Safety Assessment, Human Factors Techniques, Reliability and Consequence Assessments.
The post holder will interface with a wide range of people and groups including Plant and Project Managers, Design & Safety Managers, Design Authorities (both internal and External), IPR and Safety Committees, Regulatory Authorities, Consultants and Subcontractors.
You will be an experienced Safety Eng
5-10 years experience+
To discuss this vacancy please contact: James Walker or Mike Kelly
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd operates as both an employment business and agency. If your application is for a position based in the UK or EU, under European Employment Law you MUST be eligible to live and work there.