5 months ago
SAP Contractor (Engineer to Order & Change Management) - Portsmouth
6month Contract, Rate c£650/day Umbrella.
Key Words / Skills: SAP, Order & Change Management,
Wilde Recruitment Ltd are working along side Babcock Naval Marine in order to recruit a SAP Contractor (Engineer to Order & Change Management) to work on a 6 month contract WFH / Portsmouth.
As a SAP Contractor (Engineer to Order & Change Management) your responsibilities and duties will include:
The SAP Contractor (Engineer to Order & Change Management) is a key role in the SAP Programme organisation and is responsible for the design, configuration, analysis and support of the SAP Engineer to Order & Engineer Change modules/solutions, including the related integrations and user interfaces to meet the business needs of Babcock cross divisional processes.
Working closely with our customers to deliver, maintain, troubleshoot and enhance SAP functionality, the Engineer to Order and Engineering Change contractor adds value to the Neptune (SAP) organisation through their technical and business process knowledge of this area.
• Provides specialist level design, configuration and functional support for the SAP solutions in the Engineer to Order and Engineering Change modules of ECC 6.
• Excellent configuration, support and business process knowledge of Engineer to Order and Engineering Change processes.
• Excellent design, configuration knowledge of Production Planning (PP), Project Systems (PS), Engineering Change Management (ECM), Process Manufacturing (Batch), Workshop Refurbishment, Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) and SAP MM (including MRP)
• Excellent configuration and support knowledge of all related user interfaces and the processes and data it supports.
• Excellent understanding of configuration dependencies and integration points between separate functional modules of SAP Procurement & Supply Chain (Project Systems/Finance/Timesheets/Ariba/Asset Maintenance/Fleet Operations/HR).
• Conducts or participates in user requirements gathering, blueprinting & documentation designs.
• Ensures all Business Processes, Functional specification, Technical specifications, Test scripts and Training documentation are created and up to date.
• Ensure compliance to existing standards, and development of required data and reporting standards.
• Ensure the integrity of the SAP Engineer to Order and Engineering Change configuration in the SAP systems across multiple landscapes.
• Support business implementations by sharing best practice configuration skills.
• Assist with responding to user requirements, problem resolution, develop designs, and process modeling.
• Conduct configuration changes to accommodate change requests and prototype activities.
• Demonstrate proof of concept and assist in training activities
• Perform initial testing of problem fixes, change request, enhancements, and new functionality.
• Work with the Service Desk, SAP Functional and Support analysts to facilitate incident & problem resolution where required.
• Work with SAP and relevant third parties to resolve software issues.
• Keep abreast of SAP releases, enhancements/new functionality and perform application research.
• Participate in release upgrade or new functionality/enhancement assessments and make recommendations.
• Understands the business processes and how the application supports the processes for Engineer to Order and Engineering Change.
• Understands and applies Babcock methodologies and procedures.
KEY SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• A university degree or relevant experience in SAP ETO, PP, PS PLM, MM solutions
• 5 Years of hand-on Engineer to Order and Engineering Change solution architect / consultant, for large Assets (Ship Building) configuration and support experience.
• Excellent understanding of business processes and integrations within Engineer to Order and Engineering Change related solutions required to deliver the service.
• Integration experience with Logistics, Project Systems, Timesheets, HR, Plant Maintenance and Fleet Operations.
• Ability to be flexible and work analytically in a problem-solving environment.
• Management of reporting and change programmes.
• Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
• Previous experience as a consultant or customer facing experiences (Internal or External).
• Should be comfortable working in a team and leading when required.
• Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and time-management skills.
• Experience working in an environment where negotiation, influence, mediation and conflict management skills are required.
• Desire to improve the current solution.
• Focus on delivering customer service and quality solutions.
• Experience of SAP Aerospace and Defense and Ship Building / Maintenance
• Experience with PLM/ PDM tool integration with SAP
• Experience or exposure to IT Governance
• Experience of working with large SAP Programmes or SAP System Integrator
• Exposure to ITIL Framework.
• Line Management experience
• Domain Expertise in Engineering & Construction will be a plus.
To discuss this vacancy please contact: James Walker or Mike Kelly
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd operates as both an employment business and agency. If your application is for a position based in the UK or EU, under European Employment Law you MUST be eligible to live and work there.