- United Kingdom
- Job type
- c£60/hr Umbrella
- Job ref
Secondary Facilities Design Manager - WFH/Plymouth - Duration 6 months - Rate c£60/hr umb Neg
Key words / Skills: Design, Manager, Nuclear, Facilities, Submarine, Naval, Marine.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd are working along side Babcock Naval Marine in order to recruit a Design Manager to work on a 6 month contract.
As a Design Manager your duties and responsibilities will include:
You will be responsible for:
A significant programme of infrastructure investment is required on the Devonport site to meet the needs of the future MOD ship and submarine programmes. A new ‘Major Infrastructure Projects’ (MIP) Business Unit has been established to focus on the large-scale facility developments needed. In addition to key docking and berthing facilities, there are in the order of 200 secondary facilities that are essential to the future success of the site. These range from key mechanical / electrical systems/services and radiological waste processing facilities to accommodation, workshops, stores and logistics hubs.
• Functionally leading and managing multiple technical design packages and associated teams, agreeing project related objectives and acting as Intelligent Customer.
• Interfacing with the Primary Facility design teams to provide Secondary Facilities services, systems and infrastructure supporting their facilities from the site wide systems.
• Supporting development of the published User Requirements by translating them into candidate System Requirements for the Start Up phase (and beyond) of the project. This will inform the manageable work packages for outsourced design teams.
• Planning for effective project implementation and ensuring that design documentation covers the required scope of operations and is produced to agreed standards, schedule and budget.
We would also like you to have the following:
• Relevant knowledge and skills required in the technical management of complex design development throughout the design lifecycle.
• Experience of the design support to construction and operation of conventional and nuclear facilities.
• Sound understanding of engineering design and safety practice and ability to advise/supervise sub-contracted design house support.
• Sound project specification, planning, project management and budgeting experience.
• Working knowledge of relevant engineering office computer applications.
What else do I need to know?
The successful candidate will hold, or be eligible to acquire, Security Clearance at the appropriate level for this post.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd operates as both an employment business and agency. If your application is for a position based in the UK or EU, under European Employment Law you MUST be eligible to live and work there.