almost 2 years ago
Senior Buyer: c3 Months Contract; Rate c£30-£50.0/hr Ltd; Rosyth, Scotland
Key Skills: Buying, Procurement, MoD, SC Clearance, Defence, Marine, Engineering.
Senior Buyer / Procurement specialist required to work within a busy Commercial team to capture project requirements for multiple and complex work packages and develop effective supply chain solutions, leading the sourcing and tendering processes through to contract negotiations and award.
The role is focused on sourcing and contracting.
- Capture work package requirements and design supply solutions that meet project requirements, maximising performance whilst minimising risk and complexity
- Manage and lead sourcing and tendering processes in accordance with agreed project deliverables
- Ensure tender documents are prepared and issued to suppliers in accordance with project governance and relevant security aspects
- Lead negotiations with suppliers to ensure cost effective supply solutions are obtained ensuring the Company’s commercial position is best protected and properly reflected within contracts
- Lead tender evaluations engaging with relevant stakeholders and prepare purchasing recommendations for project board approval
- Ensure all technical and quality requirements are fully satisfied including demarcation requirements in accordance with project build strategy
- Lead contract negotiations ensuring effective and timely contract award to meet the project schedule and required in yard dates for the build programme
- Maintain and build business relationships with suppliers to ensure project deliverables are achieved and favourable terms agreed to meet project requirements
- Work with suppliers to identify opportunities to improve equipment and service costs to reduce the overall life cycle costs within the programme
You will be an experienced Buyer / Procurement Specialist with CIPS membership/qualification and able to work within a project team environment engaging with multiple stakeholders but at the same time able to work autonomously with responsibility to develop and deliver multiple work packages through to contract award and working to deadlines that meet project objectives.
Due to the nature of this work SC level security Clearance is essential for this role.
NB. CVS should be submitted in word format.
To discuss this vacancy please contact: Mike Kelly
Wilde Recruitment Ltd operates as both an employment business and agency. If your application is for a position based in the UK or EU, under European Employment Law you MUST be eligible to live and work there.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Wilde Recruitment – Engineering Recruitment