Senior Commercial Manager, c11months plus Contract - £550-£575 umbrella - Leeds or London - Initially home working
KEY Skills: MCIPS or IACCM, Contract Management, NEC3 contract, OJEU
Senior Commercial Manager – (Contract Management) with Infrastructure/Construction sector experience, required for a long-term contract with the MoJ (Ministry of Justice) in London.
• Contract Management of complex, high value and/or strategically important projects
• Contract administration of a range of contracts including developing and managing variations and other contract mechanisms.
• Managing the pay and performance mechanism, including validation of contractor performance and verification of payment applications.
• Analysis and resolution of contractual issues, negotiation and exercising judgement to making effective decisions driving
• Develop and maintain positive relationships with relevant stakeholders, e.g. operations, legal, finance and our supply chain.
• With support from the finance function provide effective reporting and forecasting of the commercial performance.
• Implementing government best practice policies for example the Government Construction Common Minimum Standards (including Small and Medium Enterprises; Project Bank Accounts, Social Value)
• Support and manage the development of papers and submittals though the governance process and preparing responses to Freedom of Information Request or Parliamentary Questions.
• Developing and conducting lessons learned reviews to identify lessons learned, disseminating and implementing as appropriate
You will be a Senior Commercial Manager with MCIPS or IACCM qualification and relevant industry experience in the Infrastructure/ construction industry/sector gained ideally on the client side.
In addition, you will have:
• Regulated (Procurement Regs, OJEU) experience
• Forms of Contract: NEC3 forms of contract experience
• Similar scale and complexity/ interfacing contracts (c.£20m schemes as a minimum)
• Life cycle experience; pre contract strategy, managing procurement, post contract experience (if possible)
Due to the nature of this role the successful candidate will need to have or be able to obtain SC Level Clearance.
The client/recruiter has included the following screening question(s)
- Are you a Senior Commercial Manager?
- Do you have experience in the Infrastructure/ construction industry sector gained ideally on the client side?
- Do you have Regulated (Procurement Regs, OJEU) experience?
- Do you have NEC3 form of contract experience?
- Do you have experience of similar scale and complexity/ interfacing with contracts (c.£20m schemes as a minimum)?
- Do you have experience of Contract Management of complex, high value and/or strategically important projects?
- Do you have public sector experience - Desirable?
Wilde Recruitment Ltd operates as both an employment business and agency. If your application is for a position based in the UK or EU, under European Employment Law you MUST be eligible to live and work there.
To discuss this vacancy please contact: Mike Kelly