- United Kingdom
- Job type
- c£60/hr Umbrella
- Job ref
Senior Electrical Engineer - Duration 6 months - WFH / Rosyth - Rate c £60/hr umbrella.
Key words / Skills: Electrical Engineer, BPSS, SC Cleared, Naval, Marine, Submarines, Ships, Frigates
Wilde Recruitment Ltd are working along side BNM in order to recruit a Senior Electrical Engineer to work on a long term contract WFH / Rosyth.
As a Senior Electrical Engineer your duties / responsibilities will include:
The role is within our complex shipbuilding programme, developing designs through concept and early stage design as well as supporting the bidding process. The role is for a Senior Electrical Engineer, which will require:
• Responsible for Electrical aspects of marine system design
• Integrating practical electrical, electronic combat and automation product solutions not only within the same disciplines but defining the interfaces with others constructively and mechanically.
• Producing technical requirements at product and sub-system levels
• Developing Electrical engineering design solutions for a variety of different platforms across the full Engineering Lifecycle. This will include substantiating the integrity and performance of new system designs within their operating environments.
• Provide electrical design support by preparing and checking design documentation, reviews, estimates and schedules, also, in support of tender responses requiring design input. Supervising, planning and controlling work to time, cost and quality.
• Provide a level of governance and assurance to ensure that the design meets the customer’s requirements and conforms to the latest appropriate standards.
In addition you will belong to the wider engineering capability group and will have the opportunity to support other projects in different roles within your discipline with a focus on longer term career development.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Competences
• You will have a high level of developed knowledge as the role is directly accountable for design development, and determining solutions to problems and issues within the specialist subject area. The ideal candidate will be at a Senior Electrical Engineer level with significant experience in engineering calculation, analysis and integration with an in-depth understanding of system electrical design, and skilled in supporting and developing less experienced team members.
• It would be beneficial if you have experience working on UK naval marine shipbuilding projects or defence related design experience but this is not essential. Electrical & Electronics experience in other industries would be considered including facilities, Oil & Gas and Aviation.
• Experience of operating in a defence or high safety integrity environment
• Proven experience of relevant industry standards
• Experience of all phases of the engineering lifecycle and configuration control systems
• Qualified to degree level, or HNC/HND equivalent, in the relevant engineering discipline
• Ideally, you will be a member of a relevant institution (e.g. RINA, IET, IMechE, IMarEst etc.) and hold or working towards Chartered or Incorporated status or you will have significant demonstrable engineering experience and capable of registration with the Engineering Council at CEng level.
You will be an experienced Senior Electrical Engineer
5-10 years experience.
To discuss this vacancy please contact: James Walker or Mike Kelly
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd operates as both an employment business and agency. If your application is for a position based in the UK or EU, under European Employment Law you MUST be eligible to live and work there.