JO10577 - JW/MK
about 1 month ago
9 months +
Senior Electrical Engineer: c9MThs+, to £553.00/day (Umbrella) – Sutton Coldfield.
Key Skills: HV (high voltage), LV (low voltage), sub-stations, intake sub-stations, standby set houses, Defence, Nuclear, MoD, SC Clearance.
The Role: Senior Electrical Engineer required to join the MOD DIO (Defence Infrastructure Organisation) based at Sutton Coldfield as Electrical Subject Matter expert.
As Senior Electrical Engineer you will undertake the role of Subject Matter Expert (SME) providing support to major projects, delivery teams, and other clients on the design, installation, commissioning, and maintenance of high/low voltage distribution/generation/earthing systems.
Duties/Tasks to include:
- Incident/accident investigations and, where necessary, the preparation of Safety Alerts;
- The review and update of technical standards, policy and guidance documents to support electrical equipment and systems;
- Support to the MOD's Senior Authorising Authority (Electrical) in managing its safe systems of work (SSoW) for electrical systems including: assessment of prospective Authorising Engineers; assurance activities, and the drafting of JSP 375 Pt2 Vol 3 Chapter 3 (MOD's electrical SSoW).
- Support the delivery of Future Delivery Instructure Systems, including schedule analysis, tender appraisal, and contractor assessment.
- The review of electrical equipment/systems (HV/LV) incl. distribution/generation/earthing systems, protection and grading, and sub-station design.
You will be an experienced Senior Electrical Engineer with a Degree in Electrical Engineering or equiv. You will be a Chartered or Incorporated Electrical Eng. with membership of a professional Institution appropriate to electrical engineering
You must have a demonstrable knowledge and experience of high voltage (HV) and low voltage (LV) distribution (sub-stations incl. intake sub-stations and standby set houses (generation facilities).
In addition, you should have a demonstrable knowledge of the hazards associated with electricity and the principles of protection, and experience in the management of electrical safe systems of work incl. MOD's safe system of work (JSP375 Pt2 V3). c. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
NB. Current SC level Clearance or ability to obtain SC level Clearances is required for this role.
To discuss this vacancy please contact: Mike Kelly or James Walker
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd operates as both an employment business and agency. If your application is for a position based in the UK or EU, under European Employment Law you MUST be eligible to live and work there.
Wilde Recruitment – Engineering Recruitment