over 1 year ago
Senior Mechanical Engineer; 6 months Contract; Plymouth; Rate c£60.0/hour Ltd
KEY Skills: Mechanical; Mechanical Handling, Cranes, Mathcad, Autodesk Inventor, SC Clearance
Senior Mechanical Engineer required to at the Devonport Royal Dockyard Facility at Plymouth within the dockside cranes department.
The department are presently engaged on projects to upgrade a dockside crane as part of a larger package of facility upgrade works within the facility. You will work as part of a team facilitating the delivery of these packages.
Duties may include:
As Mechanical Engineer you will be required to support and deliver the following:
• Requirements capture and development;
• Verification and Validation plans;
• Technical Specifications;
• Design Calculations;
• Concept / Scheme design drawings (TBD);
• Optioneering studies;
• Undertaking site surveys (as required) to support the design (see Section 4.0)
• Design Reports and associated design documentation (e.g. Technical notes);
• Support to Design/Technical Reviews;
• Installation Guidance documentation
• Set to Work Documentation;
• Commissioning documentation;
• Operation and Maintenance Manuals (OMMs);
• Support to Failure Modes and Effects Analysis workshops;
You will be an experienced Mechanical Engineer with ideally, but not essential, experience of Mechanical Handling or Cranes.
You will have the ability to undertake design calculations to design codes (preferably using Mathcad).
CAD experience is also desirable but not essential however some experience in Autodesk Inventor would be beneficial.
You will have a good understanding of the design life cycle i.e. Start-up, concept, scheme and detail design phases).
Good written and verbal communication skills together with good report writing skills.
You will be qualified to; HND/Degree level. Chartered Engineer status desirable
Due to the nature of the work valid SC clearance is essential for this role.
To discuss this vacancy please contact: James Walker
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd operates as both an employment business and agency. If your application is for a position based in the UK or EU, under European Employment Law you MUST be eligible to live and work there.