JO10478 - MK
about 1 year ago
6 Months plus
Senior Mechanical Engineer – c6mth+ Contract - Rate c£40.0/hour limited – Plymouth
KEY Skills: Senior Mechanical Engineer, SC Clearance, Multi-disciplinary exp
Senior Mechanical Engineer; to join a team engaged on a significant infrastructure investment programme the Babcock Devonport site.
The programme includes re-establishing a defuel capability for out of service submarines. The project comprises of a number of interrelated projects complex projects including the provision of, a Reactor Access House (RAH), a suite of defueling tools & equipment, a Test & Training Rig (TTR), dockside HVAC and services and a safety justification for the facilities’ use.
Duties to include:
- As Senior Design Engineer Mechanical you will assist and support the Lead Design Engineers in the delivery of project scope. This will include the following;
- Providing support to planning and scheduling of project activities.
- Completing work packages including the update of documentations and CAD drawings incorporating changes and checking the outputs are aligned and consistent with the design intent.
- Processing and issuing of documentation and drawings as coherent packages.
- Maintaining the project registers and checking that the correct versions are available
- Preparing work packages for design review and handover
- Checking and maintaining lifetime records
- Writing reports and close out technical queries and data requests.
You will be a Senior Mechanical Engineer qualified to HNC/Degree level or equivalent in an engineering related discipline. You will preferably have Chartered Engineer status and be a member of a relevant institute or have significant demonstrable engineering experience and capable of registration with the Engineering Council at CEng level.
In addition, you will have demonstrable experience and knowledge of engineering works, e.g. civil works, mechanical handling, mechanical or electrical systems / services.
- Have effective writing and presentation skills
- A proven track record in completing work packages in a highly regulated environment.
- The ability to follow an engineering process and maintain accurate records and document/drawing revision control.
- Experience in packaging work for others, monitoring that delegated work would be desirable.
To discuss this Operations Integration Manager vacancy please contact: Mike Kelly Direct Dial: 0161 474 6850 or 07775866782.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd operates as both an employment business and agency. If your application is for a position based in the UK or EU, under European Employment Law you MUST be eligible to live and work there.
Wilde Recruitment – Engineering Recruitment