6 months ago
Senior Project Engineer - Hinkley - Duration 6 months - Rate c£415/day umbrella
Key words / skills: Nuclear, Project Engineer, BPSS, CDM
Wilde Recruitment Ltd are working along side Magnox in order to recruit a Senior Project Engineer to work on a 6 month contract at Hinkley.
As a Senior Project Engineer your responsibilities and duties may include:
Good PM with history of delivering on projects
• Establishing a vision and proactive management to positively align a team in the achievement of common project goals and overall organisational objectives.
• Overall responsibility for ensuring the safe delivery of a project to time, cost and quality targets ensuring compliance with statutory and regulatory process requirements with responsibility for leading the project to a successful conclusion.
• Provides leadership, management and governance to ensure the project meets specified stakeholder requirements and promote the principles as set out in PD25 Magnox Project Management Process and Procedures.
• Ensuring that projects and work packages meet the business commercial requirements
• Customer and stakeholder management externally and internally, consistent with the overall strategy of the business and delivery of programmes and projects.
• Defines project delivery baselines and operates project control processes (requirements capture, planning, cost, risk, trend analysis and change control).
• Resource and manage a multi-disciplinary project team using with active interfaces to secure specialist resources (safety, environmental, design etc.) as required.
• Ensure all project documentation is maintained to the required standards within the management system.
• Manages the development of a project risks and opportunities plan and instigates mitigation measures or other appropriate actions.
• Consider options for value engineering as well as the potential for changes to the scope/schedule/forecast costings.
• Provision of required project performance data (e.g. critical path analysis, float erosion, milestones, CPI, SPI and EVA ) to the Senior Project Manager or Programme Management team on a monthly basis.
• Lead CDM activities for the project in accordance with the project Health, Safety and Environment Management process.
• Manage interfaces with other projects as appropriate.
• To develop strategic knowledge of project and programme lessons learned and “best practice techniques”. Lead their application to maximise effectiveness of Company project delivery.
• Actively and effectively communicate with management teams, co-workers, clients, contractors and other stakeholders • Motivate and manage team performance. Carry out staff appraisals and manage staff related issues in line with Company HR policy, process and procedures
• Identify development opportunities and training for direct reports and team members
• Take responsibility for the Health, Safety and Welfare of all team members in line with legislative requirements. Demonstrate and encourage a safety first working culture
• Actively promote environmental awareness/considerations and sustainability through the project delivery cycle
Assist the Business Manager, Programme Manager, Senior Project Manager in discharging his or her strategic and capability development responsibilities.
You will be an experienced Project Manager
Must have Nuclear project experience.
HNC / HND / Degree.
To discuss this vacancy please contact: James Walker or Mike Kelly
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd operates as both an employment business and agency. If your application is for a position based in the UK or EU, under European Employment Law you MUST be eligible to live and work there.