2 months ago
Senior Project Manager - MOJ / Public Sector - Duration 6 months - Rate c£700/day umbrella.
Key words / skills: Project Manager, MOJ, Public Sector, Agile, Scrum, Waterfall, BPSS.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd are working along side MOJ in order to recruit a Senior Project Manager to work on a 6 month contract.
As a Senior Project Manager your responsibilities and duties will include:
• The ability to deliver digital/infrastructure projects may be required in the allocated projects.
• Allocated programme or project timelines are challenging, in part due to the complex stakeholder landscape and need to consult across different departments/organisations and formally engage their governance structures.
• The current timelines do not allow any slippage or amendment time with challenge received from the various stakeholder governance and assurance gateways.
• Senior internal and external stakeholder relationships including a range of MoJ and the associated agency leaders will require careful management to ensure service provisions are met.
These Senior Project Manager roles will be treated as specialised flexible resource to support the MoJ Portfolio priority projects. These roles will be expected to support the programmes and projects in maintaining the delivery of Project Delivery process and products such as critical plans and will need to ensure teams/areas progress is managed against, scope, time, cost and quality. They will need adaptable and flexible skills to provide strong project management leadership within programme and project and be comfortable with a fast-paced changing environment.
The skills and experience for these roles, which are in line with the G6 Senior Project Manager Project Management Competency Framework must include:
• Strategic planning on large scale programmes
• Experience of project delivery and business change
• +5 years’ project management experience and working on large scale complex programmes
• Experience of managing large scale transition programmes
• Must have Project and Programme management experience
• Provide leaderships for the project team and management of the full project lifecycle, processes and product. Extensive understanding of project and programme management principles, methods and techniques.
• Proven experience in developing and delivering reports on project success criteria and metrics to drive performance reporting for key stakeholders and the programme
• Experience of working within PMOs at a senior level if required
• Ability to adapt to fast pace environment and having skills in problem solving and issues management – taking complex problems and creating simple solutions
• Excellent stakeholder management skills
• To develop best practice processes, ways of working and continuous improvement. Managing ongoing quality control and standards with all processes and products.
• Experience in one or all of the SDLC methodologies: Agile, Scrum or Waterfall
• Must have minimum of 1 Project management qualification
• Proficient in all core Microsoft office tools.
You will be an experienced Senior Project Manager.
Public Sector / MOJ experience advantageous.
To discuss this vacancy please contact: James Walker or Mike Kelly
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd operates as both an employment business and agency. If your application is for a position based in the UK or EU, under European Employment Law you MUST be eligible to live and work there.