6 months ago
Senior QA Engineer - Plymouth - £55/hr Umb - Duration 6months
Key words / skills: QA Engineer, Quality Assurance, Nuclear, Naval, Marine, Infrastructure,APQP, PPAP, ISO9001, BPSS, Able to get SC Clearance.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd are working along side Babcock Naval Marine in order to recruit a Senior QA Engineer to work on a 6 month contract based at Plymouth PL2.
As a Senior QA Engineer your responsibilities and duties will include:
The Through-Life Facilities & Infrastructure Quality Assurance Team, as part of the DRDL Assurance Function provide independent assurance that business project management teams deliver upgraded, modified, and new infrastructure which is fit for purpose and in accordance with both internal management arrangements and external regulatory requirements.
As the SQAE you will be supporting the Programme and Project Delivery Teams, as the Programme Quality Lead, during the defined lifecycle phases from Start-Up to Handover as they design, manufacture, construction, install and commission the new or upgraded facilities required to support the planned maintenance activities on both submarines and warships.
The SQAE will report to the Principal Quality Assurance Engineer (PQAE). The SQAE duties will include but are not limited to:
• Providing support to Projects at an early stage to define appropriate quality requirements,
• To assure Life Time Records (LTRs) provide effective evidence that the design intent of plant, equipment and Infrastructure has been achieved.
• Providing advice to Suppliers and Subcontractors on producing the required Life Time Records (LTRs) and undertake reviews to provide assurance that the records meet specified requirements,
• Interfacing with and providing advice to Project Management, Engineering and construction Disciplines on project Quality related matters.
• Review & provide improvements into Project deliverable documentation.
• Reviewing and mark-up Quality related documents such as Inspection & Test Plans (ITPs) & Quality Management Plans, and support contractors in their development.
• Ensure that all handover documentation is prepared & maintained on an ongoing basis to enable work package completion in a timely manner.
• Conducting internal and external audits.
• Supporting ongoing efforts to raise the quality and delivery capability of the Suppliers and Subcontractors.
• Assisting in the investigation / resolution of problems / issues and improvements.
• KPI/Metric development & Maintenance.
• Quality representation in weekly Project/Programme meetings when required.
• Preparing good written reports for Inspections, audits and submit regular project Quality updates as determined by the project team.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
• Knowledge / Experience of quality management systems and their requirements (Preferably BS EN ISO 9001).
• A strong level of communication & presentation skills (written & verbal).
• Self-starter with good priority management skills.
• Capable of acting competently, decisively, and quickly on Quality related issues.
• Ability to work under pressure & remain focused.
You will be an experienced QA Engineer.
50-10+ years experience.
To discuss this vacancy please contact: James Walker or Mike Kelly
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd operates as both an employment business and agency. If your application is for a position based in the UK or EU, under European Employment Law you MUST be eligible to live and work there.