Dumfries and Galloway
about 1 year ago
Site Engineer - Dumfries & Galloway DG12 - Duration 12 months - Rate c£28/hr umbrella
Key Words / Skills: Site Engineer, Nuclear, Electrical, CDM, BPSS.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd are working along side NDA to recruit a Site Engineer to work on a 12 month contract at Dumfries & Galloway DG12.
As a Site Engineer your responsibilities and duties will include:
• The Site Engineer is accountable to the construction manager and is responsible for delivering safe management of Contractors, discharging the role of the CDM Principal Contractor.(when appropriate)
• Manage, and control site work to ensure that projects are delivered safely in compliance with the relevant company standards, specifically:
• S-722 Safe Management of Contractors
• S-424 CDM Arrangements
• S-481-484 Contractor Site Instructions (CONSIs) and the Site-specific Interface Document, and their impact on Contractors
• Relevant parts of HSE documents, BSs, BSENs, etc. referred to in the CONSIs
• Any other Company Procedures / Instructions which affect their work
• Review the Contractor’s Site Safety Plan and Safe Systems of Work (including Risk Assessments and Method Statements) to ensure that they are suitable and sufficient, using specialist support where required .
• Review the arrangements for Company maintenance teams to ensure their procedures within Construction areas meet the minimum requirements set out in the CONSIs
• Ensuring that site self-performing teams and maintenance teams are meeting the minimum requirements set out in the CONSIs.
• Before any new work is started that involves significant risks, ensure that the Contractor has produced an effective Safe System of Work and includes a suitable pre-job brief.
• Inspect the Contractor’s activities regularly to ensure they are compliant with the agreed Safe Systems of Work.
• Where Contractors are not working to the agreed Safe Systems of Work, intervene to check the reasons for this and to determine the suitability of the adopted Safe Systems of Work. If necessary, suspend work until another review of the Safe Systems of Work can be undertaken
• Where there is an imminent risk of serious injury or a dangerous occurrence, intervene to suspend work immediately.
• Carry out regular formal inspections of assigned Contractor’s work – Record findings and place actions to correct where deficiencies are noted.
• Carry out a regular review of all Contractor safety documentation, ensuring that the control measures remain suitable, sufficient and relevant to the work being done
• Carry out regular inspection on assigned Contractors to ensure compliance with the relevant CONSIs for their work.
• Provide oversight of construction activities in accordance with site licence conditions.
• Support relevant safety audits/Inspection from key stakeholders/ regulators.
• Keep a daily log of the Contractor’s activities.
• Ensure Contractors have suitable emergency/contingency arrangements in place in support of the sites arrangements.
• As a customer-focused individual, the post holder will be expected to assist with safe delivery within his or her range of skills, knowledge, experience and training.
You will be an experienced Site Engineer.
5-10 years exp.
To discuss this vacancy please contact: James Walker or Mike Kelly
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd operates as both an employment business and agency. If your application is for a position based in the UK or EU, under European Employment Law you MUST be eligible to live and work there.