about 1 year ago
Structural Designer - WFH / Plymouth - Duration 6 months - Rate c£27/hr umb
Key words / skills: Structural Designer, 2D, 3D, Autocad, Inventor, Submarine, Nuclear, BPSS, ONC, HNC, HND, Marine, Systems.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd are working along side Babcock Naval Marine in order to recruit 15 Structural Designers to work on long term contracts.
As a Structural Designer your duties and responsibilities will include:
Babcock International are looking to recruit Structural Designers to join our Marine Engineering & Systems Division. Our core skills include Naval Architecture, Systems Engineering, multi-discipline design support and project management for new build and in-service commercial and defence vessels. Our state-of-the-art facilities offer world-class efficiency, scale and quality and our customers include: governments, international shipyards and ship owners and energy majors.
Reporting to the Principal Designer, you will work within a team of Structural Designers who support numerous and varied projects. With a diverse product portfolio, we offer an exciting opportunity to join an ever-growing business with longevity. Projects include; design packages to support submarine and surface ship refits for the Royal Navy as well as International Commercial and Naval contracts.
Main Purpose of Role
You will be responsible for the generation of design guidance information, including 3D (Inventor) models and design for manufacture outputs, with sufficient detail to enable the safe and effective integration of structural changes to complex MOD assets (primarily submarines). As a designer, you will also be required to develop innovative design solutions across the complete design lifecycle and to produce a range of technical outputs and deliverables to the required standards.
Key roles and Responsibilities include:
• Prepare & produce drawings throughout design lifecycle and in line with recognised ISO standards to the required time, cost and quality requirements.
• Prepare, produce and maintain project documentation as required by the design lifecycle, produce and update ‘as built’ /datum pack documentation.
• Liaise with colleagues and stakeholders during design lifecycle to ensure coordination and functionality of design, including contribution to design reviews.
• Develop innovative design solutions and solutions to manufacturing and installation issues by assisting in the resolution of Production and Technical Queries.
• Interface with customers and supply chain on design issues and assist with procurement specifications.
• Assist more senior designers in a range of activities including, production of estimates, maintenance and improvement in standard and quality of outputs, production and test organisations with the compilation of test forms and procedures.
• Fulfil Design Lead responsibilities as assigned for single discipline low risk projects.
You will be an experienced Structural Designer
Marine exp advantageous.
To discuss this vacancy please contact: James Walker or Mike Kelly
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd operates as both an employment business and agency. If your application is for a position based in the UK or EU, under European Employment Law you MUST be eligible to live and work there.