2 months ago
Survey Manager - Seascale - 12months - Rate c£39-£49/hr umb.
Key words / skills: Survey, Surveyor, Manager, Nuclear, BPSS
Wilde Recruitment Ltd are working along side BBBEP in order to recruit a Survey Manager in order to work on a 12 month contract at Seascale.
As a Survey Manager your duties and responsibilities will include:
Project Description The BEP Joint Venture project will safely design and deliver a Plant and the works in accordance with the requirements of the contract to enable conditioning of wastes from the various donor plants, carried out in line with the Employer’s needs and to the satisfaction of stakeholders in the Box Encapsulation Project (BEP).
Job Description / Role
• Manage the performance of the surveying team and provide clear direction
• Produce reports and metric for BEP leadership to enable a high-level overview of performance and adherence to schedule
• Ensure the teams deliverables meet project timelines
• Support the project in knowledge sharing, risk management and providing assurance on project delivery, identifying best practice, areas for improvement and concern
• To manage customer and stakeholder relationships, and liaise with discipline design leads, procurement and other discipline managers to ensure programme requirements are met
• Ensure adherence to the working instructions.
• Maintain personal expertise and knowledge
• Ensure a relentless focus on Zero Harm
• Adhere to project core values
• When required lead the recruitment of surveying staff
• Manage and develop all surveying staff
• Monitor and reviews all surveying staff and their development, assess training needs.
• Review and communicate staff and project surveying department’s budgets
• Experience in leading and managing a team within a large project
• Surveying experience is preferred but not essential
• Schedule management
• Leadership skills in a matrix organisation are required to deliver project support in a timely manner.
• Mentoring, training and development experience would be advantageous.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills are required, coupled with an ability to form effective relationships with partners under time pressure
• Membership of management or project management body is desirable
• Demonstrates a passion and excitement for his / her work. Tackles problems head-on and works to resolve them without delay.
To discuss this vacancy please contact: James Walker or Mike Kelly
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd operates as both an employment business and agency. If your application is for a position based in the UK or EU, under European Employment Law you MUST be eligible to live and work there.