about 2 months ago
Systems Engineer - Heysham - Duration 12 months - Rate c£40/hr Umb
Key words / skills: System Engineer, Mechanical, Electrical, EC&I, Nuclear, BPSS, CTC
Wilde Recruitment Ltd are working along side Cavendish Nuclear in order to recruit a Systems Engineer to work on a long term contract at Heysham LA3.
As a Systems Engineer your responsibilities and duties will include:
Suitable for system engineer with either a mechanical/electrical/EC&I engineering background.
The Site Engineer will deliver allocated project work from assignment to close out to support the Heysham 2 site. This will require close collaboration with the client, other team members and contract partners. Key responsibilities include:
1. Safely manage the delivery of assigned projects, jobs and tasks while working collaboratively with other team members and station staff.
2. Work to improve Equipment Reliability across Fuel Route including through modifications, optimising maintenance routines and defect resolution.
2. Produce Work Order Cards, Risk Assessments, Method Statements, Quality plans, Construction Plans, Engineering Changes and other documentation required to deliver projects.
3. Ensure documentation, including drawings and records, are kept and tracked as appropriate and are updated and closed out in full at the conclusion of projects.
4. Act as the point of contact on the power station for assigned projects.
5. Ensure work is planned according to station processes and relevant parties are aware of the project and their responsibilities to facilitate successful project delivery.
6. Perform walk-downs with contractors to review upcoming tasks and obtain quotes as required.
7. Review and approve contractor documentation prior to them completing work on site.
8. Facilitate and chair project meetings such as pre and post job briefs, setting to work meetings and readiness reviews as required.
9. Conduct safety walks on a monthly basis as a minimum and report safety concerns through the appropriate channels immediately whenever and wherever they are found.
10. Promote quality at all times.
11. Comply with Cavendish Nuclear and Station procedures.
12. Apply internal and external standards and procedures to project activities.
13. Attend suppliers to witness factory acceptance tests and other EDF sites to learn from experience as required for specific projects.
14. Build up quotations for site-based works after consultation and walk-downs with the client. Ensure all quotations are approved internally before issuing to the client.
15. Supply data and updates on estimated project completion dates to assist project support staff with ensuring projects remain on time and on budget. Where this is not the case, be prompt in raising early warning notices and variations for submission to the client.
16. Represent Cavendish Nuclear in meetings and forums as required and when requested to by the Site Manager and Fuel Route Group Head.
17. Mentor other site engineers through their authorisations as requested by the Site Manager.
18. Drive continuous improvements in the relationship between Cavendish Nuclear and the EDF Fuel Route Engineering organisation through the way we engage with the client and act as a leader in this regard with the rest of the team.
19. Use technical and plant knowledge to assist with the scheduling of tasks for the site team.
You will be an experienced Engineer.
Mechanical / Electrical / Site / EC&I background.
Good communication skills.
To discuss this vacancy please contact: James Walker or Mike Kelly
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd operates as both an employment business and agency. If your application is for a position based in the UK or EU, under European Employment Law you MUST be eligible to live and work there.