c£750/day NEG / Umbrella
2 months ago
Engineering Manager - Harwell - £750/day NEG / umb
Key words / Skills: Technical Assurance Eng, Nuclear Waste, Utilities & Services, Mining / Deep Tunnelling, Nuclear Security & Safeguards, Contract Management, EC&I.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd are working along side RWM in order to recruit a number of Engineering Managers to work on long term contracts at Hawell.
As a Technical Assurance Engineer your responsibilities and duties will include:
Technical Assurance Engineer - Responsible for production of assigned technical tasks and work packages to support GP207WP3 for FY20/21. To assist RWM in developing the establishment of effective technical governance and assurance of technical projects in RWM as well as the development of a Design Authority for control of design over the lifecycle of the GDF.
Essential Skills and Experience
• Good communication skills with appropriate experience of internal and external stakeholder engagement and management
• Good first degree in engineering or science subject with appropriate engineering experience.
• Chartered membership (or working towards) a relevant professional institution.
• Experience in the implementation of technical assurance and governance into technical programmes.
• Experience of systems engineering and safety integrated engineering design development.
• Experience as an Intelligent Client for engineering design services in the appropriate engineering technical disciplines.
• Experience of delivering designs in a safety critical environment.
• Experience of supporting feasibility, optioneering, design and operational phases on major and complex projects across a variety of highly regulated industries (ideally encompassing civil nuclear).
• Experience working as part of or closely with a Design Authority.
• Understanding of aspects of nuclear waste storage and / or transport within own technical discipline is beneficial.
Engineering Design, Contracts Management, Quality Assurance Management, Technical Governance, Technical Process development e.g. Delegated Design Authority, Design Manager, Head of Engineering, etc.
Additionally candidates that may have previously been appointed to accountable/responsible engineering roles with a focus on Design Authority, Responsible Designer or Intelligent Client.
All with experience in highly regulated industries (e.g. nuclear, oil & gas, rail, etc) or infrastructure development.
Lastly, additional background experience in one or more of the following would be desirable to support our multi-disciplinary engineering team:
o Electrical, Control and Instrumentation (EC&I)
o Utilities & Services
o Mining / Deep tunnelling
o Nuclear Security & Safeguards
o Contract Management
To discuss this vacancy please contact: James Walker or Mike Kelly
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd operates as both an employment business and agency. If your application is for a position based in the UK or EU, under European Employment Law you MUST be eligible to live and work there.