over 1 year ago
TECHNICAL AUTHORS – c10 MTh + contract – to £400.0/day (Umbrella) – Harwell (Home Working TBC)
Key Skills: Technical Author, Nuclear.
Technical Authors (Security) – required to provide support to the RWM (Radioactive Waste Management) Head of Security and the RWM Personnel and Facilities Security Management Lead in the development of RWM’s Personnel Security capability in line with HMG and Critical National Infrastructure best practice.
The provision of technical author expertise to enable the development of RWM’s personnel security policy, procedure, processes, work instructions, forms and guidance to ensure in accordance with the HMG Security Policy Framework and ONR in respect of Personnel Security and thus underpin the requirements to enable RWM become a Civil Nuclear Vetting Sponsor organisation.
Duties to include:
- Prepare, manage and deliver against the procedural elements of the RWM Personnel Security Capability requirements for the development of the RWM Personnel Security Framework.
- Provide support to the Personnel and Facilities Security Management Lead to ensure appropriate alignment of RWM Personnel Security Framework with HMG and ONR requirements and their supporting suite of documents.
- Liaise with RWM HR, Futures, CISO Team and other stakeholders to ensure the Personnel Security Framework is aligned with other RWM Operational Requirements.
- Anticipate, manage and resolve issues within the task. Identify risks and facilitate the resolution of issues raised, develop and update the programme and escalate any issues to the Personnel and Facilities Security Management Lead.
- Ensure detailed documented records are created and maintained to ensure future clarity of the process and outcomes.
- Ensure RWM security processes are aligned to relevant industry and other standards and regulatory documentation to ensure the deliverables are to the correct standards and specifications, and where necessary implement any agreed changes to security processes.
- Support the delivery of the programme activities to ensure they are delivered safely and securely, on time, to budget, meeting business & technical requirements.
- Comply with the Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality policies, procedures, work instructions and risk assessments. Support the continuous improvement of Health, Safety Environment and Quality at RWM. Maintenance of RWM’s security arrangements.
You will be an experienced in specifying, designing, and producing technical documentation to deliverable standards. Experience of capturing requirements from varied sources and incorporating those details into technical documents.
You will ideally be educated to degree level (or equivalent) or have a comparable level of practical experience.
- Excellent written English, including the preparation of suites of technical documents.
- Track record of providing innovative solutions within a technically complex and dynamic environment whilst ensuring high levels of safety, security and environmental responsibility, ideally within the Nuclear sector.
- Able to demonstrate some technical knowledge of physical, personnel and cyber security management systems.
- Capable of successfully engaging senior management and diverse groups of stakeholders.
- Proficient user of the Microsoft Office Suite of Tools: particularly Word, Excel and Power point.
- Excellent presentation, influencing and facilitation skills.
- Some knowledge of UK Nuclear security regulations and legislation.
- Experience of security/safety regulated working environments and the related culture required of working in such environments.
- Relevant professional qualifications in personnel security/insider threat with the experience requested.
To discuss this vacancy please contact: Mike Kelly/James Walker
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd operates as both an employment business and agency. If your application is for a position based in the UK or EU, under European Employment Law you MUST be eligible to live and work there.